From the Associate Pastor . . .
Fourth Door on the Left
a note from your Associate Pastor
Fourth Door on the Left
a note from your associate pastor
As the school year wraps up, we’re excited for all that’s upcoming in children, youth, and young adult ministry! I’ll list some things below. Please take note of these important dates, and respond to those things in which you feel God nudging you to participate.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY (currently Pre-K through Fifth Grade)
• May 1 – Youth Club Finale! Cookout for whole congregation. Youth Club parents are invited as our special guests.
• May 5 – Earth Day/Children’s Worship. We will gather outside as the Friends of Jesus and Youth Club children lead us through worship.
Terrific Thursdays begin in June! Our first Terrific Thursday will be June 13. SOON, I WILL BE PUTTING TOGETHER A STEERING TEAM FOR TERRIFIC THURSDAY PLANNING. If you’d like to offer some input or to participate in Terrific Thursdays this year, please let me know.
There are Camp Grier registration brochures available in the copy room for any child interested in going to camp this summer. Information is on the youth bulletin board in the office hall as well. Scholarships are available. Please contact me or Sharon Jacumin, Christian Relations Chairperson, if you are interested.
We’ll plan to meet Sundays (5:30p-7:30p, Pioneer Hall) and Wednesdays (6:30p-7:30p, Tron House), as usual, throughout May. I’ll let you know of any changes. Sundays will continue to be our outings/fun nights and Wednesdays our group nights.
• May 26 – No Youth
• June 2 – WPCYF Sunday Night Finale! (Remember: WPCYF Wednesday Night meets all year)
• Youth Beach RETREAT – Wednesday, July 31 through Saturday, August 3. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, May 22. A $25 deposit is required to get onto the signup list.
• Also, we hope to do a few days of service this summer. Massanetta Springs in Harrisonburg, Va. Is offering a mission experience called Missions@Massanetta. Here are some possible dates for our group to participate. Please let me know which of these dates work best for your schedule so that I can begin making arrangements for us to get involved. Possible dates:
o June 9-15
o June 16-22
o June 30- July 6
o July 7-13
o July 14-20
o August 11-17
Let me know no later than Wednesday, May 8. We’ll go with the week that works best for the most people and figure out which days of that week to go. This trip is for both middle and high school youth!
YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
May 21 – Third Tuesday gathering, 6 pm
May 23 – Hickory Crawdads Baseball Game! ‘Tis NASCAR night (and Thirsty Thursday), or should I just say “Heaven”: baseball, NASCAR, and all drinks for a buck! We’ll ride over together around 6:15 pm. Ticket cost covered! Let me know by Tuesday, May 21, if you plan to go.
Young Adult Dinner for Eight
Group Leaders for May:
• Group One – Hayley Black
• Group Two – Thomas & Mandy Gilliland
• Group Three – Alex & Tamika Garrison
If you are groupless and don’t want to be, please let me know so that I can get you hooked up with a group. At our meeting on Tuesday, May 21, we’ll try to mix up groups again, which will be a good time to hop into one if you’re not currently participating.